Saturday, September 14, 2013

Perfect morning as surfboard


It's 6 a.m. when the sun begins to rise
Cannot wait to soon be under big blue skies

A set of sun-kissed arms wrap around me
I know we are about to feel free

Together we splash into the great big salty ocean
The waves soon give us the notion

To set off for the day
and wash all of our worries away

Sinking into the deep blue waters
Never knowing if we might spot a few otters

Breaking through into the crisp Pacific air
There is no better place on earth, I swear

Tough bare feet on my back
The salty spray makes a great big whack

Quickly emerge back into the sea
in the beautiful islands of Hawaii

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you rhymed each verse because it really added to the effect of the poem! I also like your theme and the small details you added on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the small details you added to this poem, like "sun-kisse arms" and I also like how the poem rhymed and flowed. good job!

    ReplyDelete