Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Enthusiasm & Learning

As a goal-oriented person, I feel I am most enthusiastic about learning when there is a certain goal my classmates and I are trying to reach and we can go about it creatively. Doing a project or creating some sort of visual piece makes me the most enthusiastic about learning. When I have an assignment and can go about doing it creatively I find that I am more motivated to do it. In my past experiences, I've found that working as a class and trying to solve something is a more enjoyable challenge than analyzing a source from a packet. Being active in the classroom and collaborating with others is a way for everyone to be involved. Enthusiastic learning makes me think back to my seventh grade history class. Although the material we covered is much lighter than that of classes I am taking now, our teacher always found ways to surprise us in the way we would be taught. There were always interactive activities going on; whether it was with other students or the Smart Board. From class discussion to group projects. Something where I always have to be on task makes me become more involved in the material and enjoy it more. Walking into a class and being excited to find out what you will be doing that day makes me more enthusiastic about the whole learning process. Being passionate about what I am learning can cause me to think of the topic on a larger scale and relate it to life. Connecting themes and things we do in class to the outside world can cause me to not have a tunnel-vision when it comes to learning. When any group of people becomes truly passionate about a topic, it can create a sort of "excited" environment and cause every individual to also expand their own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment